Monday, August 2, 2010

70-442

I passed the 70-442 exam: PRO: Designing and Optimizing Data Access by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 today, with 910/1000. This now makes me a MCITP: Database Developer - so I must update my CV :-)

I liked this exam although I felt there was a little too much XML and cursors and not enough TSQL. The 70-441 exam felt a bit false and strained - I am going to word this question so that you have to pick one of the new technologies rather than solving a problem.

Well that's that for now, I'll do the 2008 upgrade next year. I will probably go for the 2008 DBA upgrade this year. This year I am planning to take the 70-445 exam: TS: Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence - Development and Maintenance. Then I need the two windows admin exams to finally complete the SLQ 2000 DBA exams. I have been putting those off as I do so little with Windows outside of SQL server and a bit with Active Directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment